View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoberTyger

I know the feeling. I've stayed off facebook (except for posting in an AA group i found) since i started my recovery just to avoid all the triggers there, as so many of my friends are heavy drinkers and so many of my interests were, to me, drink related (concerts, sports events, etc) - i am still not far enough into recovery to trust myself to go to a concert, for instance, without drinking. I don't even like thinking of my favorite bands or football team right now, because i just think about going to a concert or drinking at a stadium/fan club's pub. I hope and trust to reach the point where i can enjoy these hobbies without even worring about alcohol, but for now i try to keep it all off my mind.

ON a side note, when drinking, i could sometimes completely ruing my liking of a certain band, because I'd gotten wasted and ended on a huge binge at a concert. Last september, for instance, one of my absolute fave bands played in town and I had looked forward ever since the concert was annouced, but as I got there I got so drunk i hardly remember anything and binged for days - now I can't enjoy this band's music anymore because i associate it with all the awful feelings i had afterwards.