View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
spookyboo22

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
If i don't speak my mind i feel it's a possibility he may die

so you hold on to the belief that ONLY YOU can see/sense his state of unwellness? that he doesn't know this for himself? and that you have the POWER to SAVE his life?

he is entirely capable of managing his own health. he can, if he chooses, make his own doctor appointment. but he doesn't HAVE to. it's HIS life. his health. his misery.

live and let live.

it concerns me that your very first impulse was to "cuddle him". that's a parental/maternal reaction. which indicates you "see" him as a child, not a grown up. and that you feel you can fix his boo boo.

while it may be impossible to go full No Contact as in avoiding ever seeing him, you do not have to engage in conversation. you can avoid topics. you can walk away. suddenly need to go organize the paper clips, or get that "thing" you forgot in your car. you can use avoidance techniques.
Thanks anvilhead for the reply!

Live and let live or
Live and let die?

In the big scheme of things telling him I think he may be very poorly isn't a big deal.

He's either going to ignore it or bury his head in a glass of whiskey or do something.

I'm not arrogant enough to assume only I can save him.

I use avoidance techniques all the time but sometimes I just have to be with him and we chat about nonsense till I can leave or he leaves.

I said cuddle him cos he is cuddly. He's too cuddly now and if he has ascites I think he should be aware of the possible reason for the weight gain. He thinks it's just from too much fine living x