View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsCooterBrown

Deceptive images of my old life..

Facebook. What a farce. I have kept it because I am in my isolation mode. It is my way of keeping in touch with my old "friends"....the problem with this is in order to fully be sober I must change my lifestyle. I can't keep doing the same things and expect to get better. Last night a group of people I hung out with posted a picture of them all gathered around the bar at my old haunt. I felt this pang. Even though they are mostly drinking buddies (only one out of the group is a REAL friend with support) I felt left out. I woke up this morning so grateful that I didn't join them. That is where the two steps forward...three steps back would come in. Long story short...I was so happy to wake up in my own bed totally NOT hungover. I thought about that a lot this morning. I seriously was drinking myself into a catatonic state. I will always be on my toes...it is way early for me to think I got this!!! I know better. But man I am glad I didn't cave. The one real friend I speak of stops over quite a bit. He talks to me about how he knows once he starts he can't stop. His wife doesn't understand. She doesn't and hasn't drank for years. I hope he finds his way before his life starts to blow as well. Enjoy the weekend. We got more stinking snow and it is almost MAY!!!! Wtf. So that...is my story for today.