View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Fusion

Yes, I fell hook, line and sinker, for the 'truism' that I was powerless to stop drinking. That misbelief led me deeper into an addiction spiral. It was only when I was shown an alternative viewpoint, that I wasn't powerless and could reclaim my power of choice, that I took the necessary action to root out and utilise that power.

It is such a liberation, no more tyrannical AV, it's reduced to a,pathetic whimper, when it, rarely, suggests a drink, even if it was constant, it's inconsequential, just a random thought or feeling, which I disregard.

The sad thing is, that once free, most folks don't look backwards, let alone hang around to help newcomers. So the method doesn't spread as effective, through the grapevine.

Yet, there are lots of folks who haven't gained freedom, who, as part of their not drinking package, are required to 'spread the word', through the grapevine; they 'have to give it away to keep it' and as I read recently, ' sobriety is not owned, it's leased and rent is due daily' - sounds a pretty burdensome and fragile position, to me. Why not choose freedom, instead?