View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
spookyboo22

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
spooky, I can relate. Some time ago, I'd re-read some old posts from a member here whose AH also had adult ADHD as part of his problems, then did some more research as it sounded SO MUCH like my XAH.

I boiled what I'd found down to a few of the most informative links, then emailed it to XAH (we have remained in touch, so this wasn't coming completely out of the blue). Eventually I received a reply saying he'd looked into the info himself, thought the examples given sounded a lot like him, but that he wasn't interested in taking it any further.

OK. I did what I was able to do and I let go of it. Honestly, I was about 99.9% sure that was going to be the outcome anyway, but like you, I felt obligated to say something, maybe b/c adult ADHD was not anything that had ever been anywhere on my radar and thus I felt it likely wasn't on his, either.

What others have said here is certainly true and good advice. I'm absolutely not contradicting any of it. I'm just saying that this was my experience, and that's all it was, a brief encounter with no lingering effects. It was not painful except perhaps in the way that it hurts when you stub your toe on the leg of the kitchen chair that you didn't push all the way under the table...you go "well, CRAP!" and put the chair back where it belongs, so you don't do it again.
Thanks Honeypig!

Your post made me feel good, quite profound I thought.
I think that will be the extent of my experience too.
I can take a stubbed toe for the team lol x