View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
HelenofTroy
Living the life

Good morning folks. Just checking in.

Great posts on here lately! I was thinking to myself that I really don't have any desire to drink anymore. It has really sunk in that the only appeal to drinking was the buzz, and having just a drink or two has no appeal to me whatsoever. I am amazed at how I really look forward to having a cup of tea or opening a bottle of Perrier with almost the same enthusiasm I used to open a bottle of wine.

I've realized that for years now drinking had become a chore. Something I felt I *had* to do, probably because I didn't know any other way to live. I have always drank, and often drank to excess. I can remember so many times going out to a social event knowing that I would be drinking and worrying about whether I would be able to keep my behaviour under control, yet not drinking was never an option in my mind. If someone came over to my house the first thing we would do is open a bottle of wine. And of course if I was home alone I would drink.

Something that I don't miss is the rollercoaster of emotions that alcohol brings. They (the emotions) are always way out of proportion to what triggers them, whether it be loving everyone you meet SO MUCH!, to being so angry about a small slight, or a crying jag over who knows what. Yup, don't miss that at all! My emotions are definitely more level, I feel happier overall, and I also feel that I am a nicer, more likable person. Perhaps it's that I feel more worthy. I don't feel a need to beat myself up anymore.

Anyway, enough rambling, things to do and places to go. Have a good one everyone