Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 10:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Mtphc

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi mtphc - welcome

posting and reading here daily, and more than daily, really helped me decide that I had a real problem I had to address with persistent and concerted action.

I know you'll find that same level of help and support I did

D
Thanks Dee, I am getting alot better at this at the same time, considering how bad things were versus the past.

For three years I was drinking way too much, pretty much a fifth of vodka every single day. Just couldn't believe how much I was consuming, but the addiction was too strong.

Every morning I would feel anxious and depressed. My remedy? carry on of course, it was a vicious cycle due to the withdrawal symptoms.

With this mindset I ended up in the ER one day, this was like 10 months ago. Finally I made a change, Yes it has been a rough road since then try my best to stay sober, and honestly as ironic as it may sound considering the relapses I've had since then, I do feel like this has been an improvement, I am drinking way less and I take pride in that, but I'm not done yet.

Recently I went on a binge again as I had aforementioned on previous posts, hasn't been that bad I consider this to be a light one compared to others. I have tapered off in the past, and I know I could do it again.