View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Mtphc View Post
Thanks Phoenix, yeah I know. The bad part is that it's an addiction, and I hate saying it but it's true, yes I need to go back to meetings, and just talk about it. I hate to be redundant but I can't help it..
You are sounding more and more like me my friend. Going to meetings and just talking about it didn't work for me, and it doesnt seem to have worked for you. One reason for me was that I couldn't talk. Never said a thing for the first six weeks.

Instead of going to AA, why not "join" AA. Join in the action on the steps that are the program of recovery. Grab a sponsor, someone who has recpvered through the steps in the big book, and get to work.

So many people seem to think you have to recover before you can do the steps. That might work if your brain is functioning reasonable well, but for the likes of me it was a ridiculous idea, like telling a baby to get a job.

I just worked one step at a time with my sponsor, and pretty rapidly the clouds began to clear. When we straighten out spiritually, we begin to straighten out physically and mentally as well.