View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Zircon

New News!!

Hi,
The story continues! I'm not sure what to think!
My STBXAH, has filed a motion with the court regarding the marital residence.
At the court hearing, both parties agreed upon a fair market value for the house. My AH lawyer asked for the court to give him 6months to refinance, if he can't the house will be listed for sale.
The judges decision was that my AH would be given 6 months to refinance, if not the house would be sold. She gave a dollar amount that he owed be upon refinance or when sold.
My AH is now asking for the order to be changed because he can't refinance the house, and he feels, due to a market analysis done that the house is worth between 175,000-199,900. At the hearing we all agreed upon 220,000. So he states that if I was awarded what the court deemed he would only end up with much less than 1/2. They now what the house sold and the proceeds split!
I'm having a difficult time with this! At the hearing, my AH agreed to the fair market value, actually he wanted to use the tax assessment, and the judge said no. His lawyer wanted the court to give him 6months to refinance, which they did, knowing he has shown no income for almost 2 years. They agreed upon everything.
But now that the judge specified a dollar amount to be given to me, my AH now can't refinance, has stated an even lower amount that the house is worth than even the tax assessment, and doesn't what the judge to take back the dollar amount, and says split the sale of the house in 1/2!
How do I know my AH won't destroy the house before it's sold so I get less money!
I was so hoping this would be o ER soon! I'm hoping the judge sees through his game playing!
This is my life!!

Z