Old 04-25-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
MrMcTell

Sorry to hear the dreaded scribble has returned NACN. It's frustrating as I certainly thought being sober would fix everything immediately, but sometimes it is tough.

I'm still not sure whether to blame my generally (mildly) depressed and stressed state on ongoing recovery. Only time will tell. It is a while before my next doctor's appointment, but I'm personally not sure if I am still suffering from something underlying...

That said, some people here talk about taking months (even years) to level out after quitting. I did read in The Addicted Brain by Micheal Kuhar that it takes over a year for neurotransmission to normalize in monkeys with long term exposure to cocaine. So that suggests to me at least that PAWS or whatever you like to call it is probably a real thing on some level at least.

Here, the weather has been better here and I'm getting the garden set up for the summer, which is the most exciting time of year for me. Working outside in the sun yesterday did prompt a pretty serious craving for a beer, though... Fairly easily dismissed this time, but I'm worried about complacency now. ..