View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 09:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
lillyknitting
lillyknitting

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
I can't say I have ever felt that way. When I as drinking, I used to get angry at myself because I couldn't do what they did, and I used to think there was something wrong with the ones who had a couple and wanted to be home with their families, but I never got annoyed about the drinking of others after I got sober.

FOMO is a good one. My. Local pub was, I thought, the center of the universe, it was were life happened. If I wasn't there I was missing out. I was one of those naughty AA people who kept nipping into the pub on my way home after a meeting, just to have a coke and seemy "friends". It was always just before closing time, and they were at their best. One of my memorable spiritual experiences was the night that I saw the truth about the place for the first time.

It stunk, it was dirty, the people were all drunk and talking rubbish. They didn't care about me. If I had dropped dead, it would have been their excuse for more drinking. There was nothing there for me. I left without having a coke and never went back.
Awesome reply