Thread: Who am I?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 06:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Little Missy
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

How do we set the boundaries to keep us safe and sober? When is enough enough?

My sponsor explained it like this... There are some people we let on our sidewalk, some in the yard, some on the porch. Some people we let into our house, our living room. But very few people do we allow in our bedroom. Those are the people we really trust and tell all to. Maybe Dad should stay in the yard!! LOL

I can laugh a little about this now. That is a great way to think about this. But how do you do it?

What kind of person to I want to be? Continue to invite him to things that mean the world to me, but not be hurt if they don't mean anything to him and he doesn't come.

Keep my side of the street clean, keep the line to my heart open (knowing I could and probably will get hurt again). What very painful lessons we learn during sobriety.

So much easier to say F you and the horse you rode in on!! LOL

But I don't want to be that person anymore. I want to care for others and be there for them. I want people to know they can always come to me and feel safe. I want to love freely, knowing that I can and will get hurt. But isn't love what life is all about?? I want to be happy and sober and set an example for others. Life is so good it you let it be!!