View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
PuzzledHeart

A lousy divorce decree doesn't dictate your future. It just dictates the divorce.

A dear friend of mine lost everything when she divorced her ex-husband two years ago. She had sacrificed her incredibly promising career to support his as he travelled around the world. He got the house and the retirement plan. She had been emotionally abused for years. She was so desperate to get out that she just wanted it over and done. She took a series of crappy jobs that she was vastly overqualified for just to pay the rent. Fortunately no children were involved.

Fast forward to today. She has an AMAZING career, one that she could have never imagined when she and her ex split up. Her ex? Not so great. He essentially served himself extra large helpings of humble pie. Let's just say bankruptcy for him would not be the worst case scenario.

I never liked him, and when I caught him cheating on her, I REALLY didn't like him. (The aftermath was not pretty.). When I found out he was the driver of his own karma bus, I allowed myself a good long laugh.

And SHE is living well and living large, and no longer under his thumb.

And I get the feeling that you will make it too, no matter what the judge decides.