View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 09:39 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Hi Undies,

What a great day that it turned out to be for dropping by this thread. This thread and the many people from it have been a constant inspiration and joy in my sober journey.

Helen, congrats on your half year milestone.

Ohhh Babs, congrats on turning a year. You definitely rock. I am so very happy for you!

I fought through seven years of at least 50 relapses...even going 16, then 13 months during that time, only to fall again and again. I kept getting back up, even in the face of my darkest times.

As I have traveled these past nearly four years, I kept asking myself why was I a lucky one that lived when it seemed certain I would....and wanted to die?

Well, I think a new Florida AA peep gave me the answer I was searching for just this past Monday. So strange...his name is Carlos - Carlos is my name here on SR and has been a nickname of mine for years among friends. Anyway, real Carlos said that is all his despair and darkness he decided that he didn't want to die. Haha, that simple. I kept thinking that I was spared to share my experience, strength and hope. While I do try to do that...NOPE - I now believe that I was spared because in a brief moment of clarity, I decided that I wanted to live.

I still remember that moment vividly. All crawled up in a ball with no idea where or what to do - then BAM...I decided to go to any lengths to get clean and sober.

I'm so grateful and blessed to be sharing this ride with all of you. Hey, offering a special shout out to Sas, Stag, Glee and Toots for continuing to share their journey as post grads on this amazing thread.

SR Carlos