Old 04-21-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Fusion

Originally Posted by spryte View Post
One little success I have. The AV spoke this morning when thinking about the weekend and what I was going to do. I said to myself, 'Can the Beast make me raise a finger?" and I looked at my hand. No movement! Only I can raise my finger. I have control.
That was a huge success and your action is one of the AVRT excercises, that I found SO beneficial in the early days.

Looking forward to the weekend and I'm sure I will have more questions because I expect the Beast to be vocal. I'm so glad I found this forum!
Yes, your Beast may be vocal, ITs used to having ITs needs met by you - alcohol. But you're out of the addiction prison and the Beast is in it. There's a new prison warden, YOU: and the Beast and ITs desire for alcohol is now imprisoned.

At the weekend, remember what you've read - AV is to Beast - as Bark is to Dog. I used to envision my Beast on a chain, like a dog, barking away, completely ineffectively, it couldn't reach me, because of the chain (neo-cortex) IT just barked away via the AV, fruitlessly.

YOU have the power now, Spryte, don't let the Beast convince you otherwise, it's all hot air and bluff.

I'm so glad you found this forum too, Spryte.