View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by futureve View Post
I started drinking again last night. I was seven days sober (except for the pot during the last two days.) I don't know how to do this. I am giving up.
welp, ya don't know what to do. that could very well be a good thing- at the point of desperation. the gift of desperation was a great thing for me. caused me to give up- to surrender. to admit alcohol( and every other drug) had me licked. the gift of desperation helped me see I couldn't get clean and sober on my own- that if I were to want to get clean and sober, I would have to reach out for help. the gift of desperation helped me reach out and start going to AA. that lead to working the program, which led to freedom from alcohol and a pretty nice life.

futureve, getting sober isn't easy. the only thing I can recall at about 7 days is......ummmm.....welp, honestly nothing more than I know I was a mess. but I was a sober mess!!
i gave the process T.I.M.E. and fought the mental obsession- i didn't allow the thoughts to control my actions. i knew alcohol was no longer a viable option and it was only going to bring more gloom,dispair, and agony.
plus, i had faith in those people in AA- those that had been sober for some time. i had faith when they said I would get better so long as i followed a few simple suggestions.
staying sober has been easy and well worth every second of fight.

so, ya don't know how to do this, which i assume you mean living sober.
welp, at first it can be just a straight up bitch.
however
if your willing to work for it- no matter what recovery method- it WILL get easier.