Old 04-20-2017, 12:05 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
jv369
01/28/2017

as one who checks in less often, easter was not an issue for me.

day 84 for me. things are starting to level out. i am starting to feel consistently better physically and mentally i just find myself grateful more often than not. i haven't really had anything much in the way of urges or cravings, the not drinking part hasn't been hard. the hard part has been letting my body heal, and dealing with the longer term toll drinking has taken on me. i haven't been newly sober this long since 2006, and slapping on another decade of aging i am certainly not bouncing back like i did in my 20s. but like i said i think things are leveling out that way. i seem to overall feel healthy with more energy on a daily basis.

it also helps that spring is finally springing here. i've been taking my dog on a nightly walk around 10 or so, helps wind down the day and the spring smells in the air are nice.

work is also going well all things considered. not too much and not too little. funny thing though.... i am self employed so schedule and pay is always different. right now i am waiting on a rather substantial payment from one customer, it is about 2 weeks late right now. in my drinking days i would have been going nuts, but now i've been able to float along just fine with very little money and the late cheque hasn't really stressed me out like it would have in the past.

i seem to be going through the days not worrying about all the stuff i have little or no control over. i do what i can to make the best of things and just take each day for what it is.

good job to everyone here on all the milestones and for just sticking around. there are quite a few of us still here at 3ish months or so, that's nothing to be scoffed at. keep at it, one day at a time.