Thread: 45 months today
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tnman1967

45 months today

I'm working towards 48 months sober. Tomorrow it'll be 45 months. Ups and downs but mostly up. Got a wild hair last night. Spotted my old vinyl record collection stored in my basement. I still have an old home stereo system I bought in the mid nineties. It works like a charm and have a turntable also. Got home excited as a kid and rearranged one of my bedrooms and got everything set up and after two hours of rearranging furniture and books I got my system up and running. Put a record on and wow what a sound. Reliving my youth. What does this have to do with sobriety you may ask? Well, in the past I would have come home after stopping at the store to pick up a six pack of beer. By the time I would be done eating supper I would be on beer number four and contemplating going out for more. All while a project like I just did would have just become another pipe dream with no results. it's the little things in life like that which matters to me anymore. No anxiety and no desire to drink. Stay the course and there are no telling what you can accomplish, from small little things like I did today to meaningful volunteer work etc. Don't waste it on drink.