View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Wintercat

Hi, I am new here and just read posts usually. I just wanted to mention something though. I just want to put it out there that I can neither drink or smoke cigarettes in moderation.

All it takes is 1 cigarette to make me want one later on. A week later at first, then 3 days later, then everyday until it's twice per day then 10 per day and so on. (This process can take weeks or months to set in).

I just don't want people to think that smoking addiction can be moderated for everyone that's been a smoker.

It can't for me, it couldn't for my brother, and it couldn't for my dad (who must have quit 500 times to moderate it, but just could never stop and would smoke for years at a time after "moderating") who died at 50 of a black heart which was black from smoke (his heart was actually full of smoke and tar) Also my grandad who died of lung cancer from smoking heavily. They had those times they moderated but never could keep it up.

For me, both alcohol and smoking can't moderated and it's dangerous to think they can, or if you see someone who "can" think twice about it. They might be in process of being a full time addict.

I just want to put that out there for anyone who thinks smoking can be moderated by people who were smokers. Please stay quit, smoking took most of my family.