View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by Lpg View Post
I'm scared but it's not as scary as where I was on Monday night. I'll prob cry if I speak I'm most nervous about that.
Well, plenty of people cry at their first meetings so don't worry too much about it if you do. It is worrying walking in - I think everyone remembers their first meeting for that bit and then the rest goes a bit of a blur because we're so full of adrenaline. You don't need to speak at all of you don't want to. And when the readings get passed round you don't have to read aloud either, you can just pass the card on to the next person and say 'pass'. In some meetings they won't even give it to a newcomer in case it's too much pressure, so don't feel like that's a slight, it'd just be so you can sit back and listen.

Meetings start on the dot, so I'd suggest getting there ten mins early or maybe even a little more. They'll most likely have leaflets and stuff you can look at which might be helpful.

Does the meeting have a name on the listing? Big Book or General Share or similar? That'd give more ide of the format of the meeting.

I've never been to an unfriendly AA meeting yet, so I'm confident this one will be as well.

Thinking of you. BB