View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

As someone who got pretty far into the triple digits last year and then got complacent and decided to drink, let me just say from much personal experience, it's not worth it. There's no good to be had from us drinking. We're all here on a sober message board for a reason. Proud of everyone for speaking up and letting those thoughts out. Stick close, post often, remember that a drink is not the answer. Don't get back on that awful rollercoaster of continuous day ones that I was stuck on again until recently.

"Pulling an all-nighter" playing video games turned out to mean being asleep by 1 in the morning. I'm not the crazy party animal I once was, I guess. Off work today. My favorite used bookstore is still having their 75% off sale. They're only open Wed. and Sat. mornings. Thinking about going to that though I need more books like I need a hole in my head. And that saying really makes no sense--we already have tons of holes in our head, right? Ears, eyes, nose, mouth, pores?

Wishing everyone a safe and sober day. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what. Don't drink if you're happy, don't drink if you're sad, don't drink if you're angry, don't drink if you're scared, don't drink if you got good news, don't drink if you got bad news, don't drink if you're jealous, don't drink. It's not the answer to any of our life's problems.