View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Beth260

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, I really do appreciate it

She is part of an outpatient rehab, but has stopped going and has stopped with the AA meetings as well (although she lies to us and pretends she is going to these). She's never had a sponsor as far as I'm aware

Things have escalated very badly in the last few weeks to the point where I've been forced to cut contact completely now. If I don't then she's just constantly trying to pull me in to her drama. She's constantly threatening to harm herself (emergency services are involved whenever she does), but it's just too much to deal with

I'm in the process of arranging therapy for myself, hopefully I won't need to wait too long

I was hoping I could set boundaries and only speak to her when she's sober but the problem is that right now she wakes up, gets drunk, stays topped up all day and then passes out in the evening and wakes up the next day to repeat the whole thing again. On the rare occasion I speak to her and she's sober, she just feeds me a pack of lies about how well she's doing, gives me false hope and then within a few hours the truth comes out and I'm left feeling angry. I feel bad because I was quite angry with her when I told her I was going to block her number, I've never really shown my anger to her before, but I'm telling myself that only one angry outburst at her over the years is probably good going! (Even if I know it won't achieve anything)