View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by HFA View Post
Been a week or so since I made my Big Plan. Im not hearing a lot from the Beast...

Am I having false security? Is this a trick by the Beast and AV?
There are instances where the Beast will lay low, usually when it is temporarily risky or impossible to drink, and there is a plan to drink in place once this passes. Once example would be a pending court date appearance for a DUI charge. An everyday drinker may not hear their AV in the weeks prior to their court date appearance, because they already have a plan to drink afterwards.

Likewise, an all-day, every-day drinker may not hear their AV if they are in jail, because it is too risky or impossible to drink, and they have a plan to drink following their release. Their Beast can live with that arrangement, just as IT can live with 'just for today' tentative sobriety, because IT knows that IT will get fed eventually, and doesn't need to cause too much trouble.

Barring an incipient plan to drink, however, as in the aforementioned scenarios, I would say that your fear of having a 'false sense of security' is simply the Addictive Voice itself. The Beast is saying that it is a good thing that IT has been quiet lately, as if your abstinence were contingent on AV silence. This is one of the most vexing forms of AV, but it points to self-doubt about remaining abstinent, which suggests the opposite.

The Beast is saying that if you are not very careful, and stay very vigilant, and constantly look over your shoulder, that IT will come in from the parking lot, after doing lots of push-ups, and pounce. By cunningly boasting of its own silence, the Beast is saying that you should be glad that IT has been quiet, because IT MAY GET YOU, as if it were Freddy Kreuger, and you were trying not to fall asleep on Elm Street.

In AVRT, it is neither good nor bad to have a desire to drink. The absence of AV is not good, the presence of AV is not bad, and fear of AV is AV itself.