View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 11:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
BRANDO
Wife of a user

He did start an out patient several months ago but it is another county and meetings only in the evening. He is the only one working in the home right now and his hours conflict with the meetings. I told him I can not living like this and the same for my children, but I do love him but I can't keep letting him think he can destroy himself and all of us. I don't know how it is to have a drug addiction so I cannot know exactly what he is going through. I am physically and emotionally sick over this and it is also effecting my children. They cry for him when he doesn't come home for hours. I told him I cannot live this way anymore and subject the children to this. I too came from a household of an abusive alcoholic father and I to this day have issuse with it so where do I turn . I know he needs help and I want to know how to ASSIST him in getting the help but I feel as if I can't just keep threating him with leaving. Maybe if we do he will realize, maybe not . I need some help desperately!!!!!!!!