Old 04-17-2017, 12:06 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Here's the two new babies. No names yet!

Tasha is so in love with these babies that when we take her out to potty she won't leave our feet until they are placed beside her or she's taken back in the house and placed with them. The first night they were here. I handed Jethro a soft fuzzy blanket which he spread out in his lap and then I handed him the babies. He covered them up and put his hand over them for heat. I then took Tasha outside for a little while. I couldn't get her away from my feet and she wouldn't stop clucking. So after she finally pottied I took her to the back door and set her inside the house. She made a beeline, clucking her butt off to the living room where she heard her babies peeping. Jethro uncovered the babies and she climbed in right on top of them. She settled down in the blanket and was happy again. Of course Jethro was in Heaven having 'his girl' and her babies so close to him. Awwww

Sherry's two Barred Rock babies are all legs w/ heavy bodies. They remind me of the movie: "Honey I shrunk the kids". They look like little miniature Ostriches! LOL Ginger is so much smaller than those two. When I uncover them from their sleeping area on the couch to spend some time on the floor to eat and drink before I put them in their all night bed? The two large ones hit the floor with a thud. Little Ginger flies all the way to the food bowls. I asked Jethro several nights ago if he was ready for the circus act? He said: "Huh?" I uncovered them and off they went. When Ginger flew all the way. He said: "Damnnnnnnnnnnn!" I just started laughing!

We were at my younger sister's place yesterday for Easter which her and her husband live on the lake front! I was telling her about the four babies and she told me I could keep them until they were fully grown before bringing them out. If I wanted to? LOL I want to keep them long enough so all four are getting along well. It's a good thing they are hearty chickens! They'll need to be to survive over there. Ginger would stay in the house with us if I'd let her, as far as Jethro is concerned. So I'm hoping she's NOT a runt chicken. Jethro holds her a lot and even let her sleep on his pillow the past couple of nights. It's okay with me. He needs her love to help him heal from us losing Marvin. She's a little sweetheart!

We spent five hours on the lakefront with the family Saturday! There was tons of food to eat. I brought some broccoli cheese soup with extra broccoli. I had my dentures in, but it's hard to eat with them in my mouth. So I stuck to eating what I knew I could handle! I didn't go away hungry. You can betcha I ate some of Mom's homemade apple pie too. I even brought some home! I gave Mom a gift. It's a version of the Bible that you can color in and write down notes on the side of the pages. My older sister bought the colored pencils for her. My younger sister gave her a plant. Everyone spent hours fishing. My older sister's live-in BF caught six large catfish! Everyone else caught a bunch of brim. Hubby and myself didn't have a license so we didn't fish! It's okay with us though! I didn't want to be in the direct sun to fish. It was hot!

And to top the day off! My bottom denture fell on the floor due to the wire getting hung on a string in the towel I had it setting on. It broke! Sigh! Jethro's going to try and glue it together. I'll have another one made when I see the dentist at the end of this month! Thankfully I don't have to pay for one!

This is at my sister and her husband's place Saturday! There's a four year old beautiful little girl asleep underneath that yellow sheet pulled over the two chairs.

This is the book I gave to Mom as a gift!

Sorry for all the different sized pictures!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD