View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by Natalie724 View Post
Does anyone have any advice or experience regarding AVRT? I have been looking into alternative treatment programs. Anyone had success using this?
AVRT is education on planned abstinence, and is based on the successful experience of those who recovered on their own, without any addiction treatment. AVRT is therefore a phenomenological method, based on the experience of the self-recovered population.

I posted this in another thread:

Originally Posted by Algorithm View Post
Go to the RR web site (rational.org), take the excellent free AVRT crash course therein, and get yourself a copy of the book Rational Recovery: The New Cure for Substance Addiction by Jack Trimpey.

While you wait for the book to arrive, and after taking the free crash course, you can read through some of the various threads previously mentioned here. This would give you an excellent foundation in AVRT.
  1. RR
  2. Tatsy's Thread -
  3. Flame11's Thread -
  4. Behappy's Thread -
  5. Freshstart57's Thread -
  6. Tursiops999's Thread -

There are also various other threads tagged as relating to AVRT on the forums if you are interested in reading even more threads.
I suggest that you get yourself a copy of the RR: TNC book, and that you start reading it, along with the various threads discussing AVRT.