Old 04-16-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
DoneDying

I'm with most of the people on this thread. If you're posting here, you obviously have some concerns that drinking is having a negative effect on your life. We're all different but that is at least the common denominator.

I've been sober for several years now and my life is much better. It's not perfect, obviously, but at least I can make bad decisions without the cloud of alcohol making them for me. I consider that to be a huge success.

However, you're asking two questions. You're asking us to validate you as an alcoholic or not, and only you can do that. You're also asking about AA and its help for you, which we also can't really help you with. That's really on you to decide what is best for you and your recovery. For me, AA didn't help. For many others it did. You have to pick the right recovery program for you to make the best changes in your life. I tried quite a few methods before I found one that would stick and I would encourage you to do the same. Even if you eventually decide that AA is not for you, it's not hurting to continue until you find a program that works for you. It's certainly better than going it on your own in early recovery which rarely works.

We're here to help. People say that recovery is a tough road, but it's really a bunch of equally tough roads and you have to make the decision on which one to take. The important thing is to start out on the journey and follow the right road for you.