Thread: Really???
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 08:56 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
NikNox

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
NikNox....I agree that the above post by Tjunction is very well thought out.....
It would seem that...that approach would make it less than just a "battleground"....
I would only suggest to pull some professionals to help you, if you can....
For us parents, our fear and anger can get in the way, and make us feel "helpless" to know what to do with confidence and calm.....
As she is now 18, seeking professional help is kind of down to her. The only thing we could do in such a situation is call the Crisis Team who work out of hours too. However, it's an attention seeking tactic, I think, because she always uses it whenever she's run out of reasons/excuses why she shouldn't give up pot, get a job, stop getting paralytic, help around the house or accept that she really does need to let go of those early years. It comes out far too easily for someone who is actively suicidal. She knows that as soon as she says it, her dad instantly changes tack. I do get why he does that, I really do, but I can see how she manipulates him. He's recently been in hospital following complications after an operation. I was working, travelling to see him every day, trying to keep the house going etc. He was in for a total of 10 days and she came to see him once. She got so drunk the night before (she was drinking in a bar on her own) we had to stop 4 times for her to throw up! I was so angry with her, and when my husband found out, so was he, but she won him round with "I'm so sorry dad but you have to understand that my mental health is so bad at the moment, so I had to go block it out". That manipulation again!! I saw right through her though, and she did get told when we got home. I told her she was selfish and inconsiderate, and should be ashamed of herself 😡