Old 04-15-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Lava256

Plus I wanted to add...

1. I just had AV try to get me. I opened the fridge and there were all these cold beers and out of force of habit my go to thought was to have one. What with the long day I've had, baby is now safe in bed, etc. I quickly shut that down and poured myself yet another cup of tea.

2. Two days ago was supposed to be when I quit sugar (in tea, coffee, etc). I was going to post about that decision and oh so great turning point in my life on here but before I even realized it, I'd already, almost robotically, poured myself the tea with three teaspoons in it! Aaaargh! Well, two days later I haven't worked up my resolve to even think again about quitting yet. But I figure, it's ok to take these things one step at a time. Starving myself too much will likely make it easier to fail at one or all resolutions.

Then, this afternoon, while thinking about the sugar thing I thought, oh well, at least it's not as bad as smoking (not being insensitive to smokers - my husband smokes, my mum smokes, my almost sister in law smokes....) but I can truly thank God that I don't. I did smoke a little bit when I had started dating my now husband. It was just for fun and really I started the habit late in life so it was unlikely to stick. However, after over two years of not so much as touching a cigarette, (I stopped even lighting up cigarettes for my H) last night, while enviously watching my H sip his whiskey and then light up, I thought to have a smoke. The smell was somewhat alluring to me. At the same time I thought, gosh, how much easier it would be to quit drinking if only I smoked (works for my mum). But I quickly shushed those thoughts as well. Classic AV. I clearly (as if it wasn't obvious) still have a long way to go.

Anyways, it's 9:45pm Saturday night here. H is on his way home from a meeting. I'll say goodnight to you all. Till tomorrow.