Old 04-13-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
DavidLA

Originally Posted by Lava256 View Post
I guess everyone's body is different. I suffered very little in withdrawal. I was actually really confident that i'd suffer nothing at all (I didn't know the dreams were coming) but I still took the diazepam the doc prescribed. I pretty much thought I hadn't been drinking thaaat much to suffer withdrawal symptoms.

However, my blood work results came back with elevated liver values which shocked me because, again, I didn't think I was consuming thaaat much. I'm still bitching about those high liver values. It shocked the sense into me. My dad died from liver cirrhosis (alcohol) and here I was slowly following in his footsteps. No way!
Those can be reversed, most likely. Abstinence for just 4-6 weeks can improve those levels by as much as 20%. There are supplements that can help as well (according to anecdotal studies) like, Dandelion Root tea or capsules, Milk Thistle, NAC, Turmeric, Vitamin E, to name a few. I take all of these along with other supplements, and have for a long time. I've only given up drinking for 30 days. I've never been on a prescription other than an antibiotic or two in my lifetime and I'm 55. I'm lucky or have good genes it appears.

You can research these supplements and see if they are appropriate for you. Some are fans, some are not. I am a person who believes God put everything we need to cure our bodies on this earth. I'm not a big fan of pharmaceuticals. Seems every other day they are recalling one and lawyers are circling wagons trying to sue a drug manufacturer.