View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Vacation is over and started working yesterday. We are in liquidation mode. Was sad to walk in and see my baby like that.

Vacation was awesome. I could not of asked for anything better. Well, maybe the day we hit the mall. I hate shopping. Especially malls.

We hit every major beach in Florida on the Gulf Coast. Each one offered something special. Clearwater Beach had a fun sunset festival at the pier which included street performers and vendors. And a beautiful sunset.

Sanibel Island is known for collecting shells. And man.. We did pretty darn good with that. Had an awesome dinner and had the best ice cream of my life. We saw another very beautiful sunset.

Englewood Beach was a blast. My aunt has a beautiful home and a private beach there. We collected fossilized shark's teeth there. Had another awesome dinner at a marina, then watched another sunset. This time they had a drum circle with about 30 people playing various drums and percussion instruments. Very cool.

Siesta Keys was saved for last. It is the best beach in Florida, and has the best sand in the world. It's 99% quarts! The neat part is that it stays cool to the touch no matter how hot the sun gets. Here we collected sand dollars. Found 10 of them out on a sand bar.

Was a perfect week! My fiance wanted to drink a couple times. I had zero desire. I knew I would have to keep drinking, otherwise I'd get tired. I was enjoying myself too much. Sure enough, she had her drink and got tired after dinner and felt miserable.