View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
so St. Lucia in September.....so there! i am crashing your party!

i am so happy for your happy news. and your thrift. you are going to have such a great time and a great life. you know here at SR we adore "her" right??? she for whom a guitar was named..........
It's funny. She and I are opposites in a lot of way. She runs hot blooded and I'm pretty cool headed. She can get worked up about people, and I let things roll. She's not a planner, but I am. But we balance out the other. We have never raised a voice at each other. Doesn't mean we haven't been pissed at each other, because I've certainly been pissed at her and she's been ticked at me, too. But one of the enduring lessons I absorbed from dealing with my AXGF is getting visibly angry with each other doesn't accomplish anything. Raising voices doesn't work. Name calling doesn't work. Wild accusations certainly doesn't work. So when my fiancée and I disagree, we have a quiet conversation, and we're usually holding hands when we do. We both respond to touch in that way. And then whatever we disagree on, we work it out. I've never had this sort of thing with another woman. Same for her with men.

So, yes, I adore her. We've known each other for years, and now we're getting married. How about that...