View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Haha yeah that's what I mean about thinking of ALL the things I want to do or should do and then not doing them! Joining the gym, going to the knitting circle, reading a book, and making a phone call/text/ email, are manageable though. Now I've been thinking about all the closets, corners of the house that I should organize, fix it up projects that I've been putting off. I get to where I end up just saying ef it and plopping down on the couch. That's the kind of thinking I used to use to say ef it let's have a beer.

It's reminding me of when my son was having problems in math and I got him a tutor who taught him how to chuck a problem. Instead of getting overwhelmed with the totality of it, he learned to break it down into smaller manageable steps, Maybe if I approached like that. Identifying a bigger long term goal like getting back into shape or learning an instrument, and then other smaller goals like just getting out of the house more, or picking one project around the house at a time and then moving on to the next after it's done. I have to watch this whole all or nothing attitude too. The addict in me loves immediate gratification, I want it to happen NOW! I've got to learn to be patient too, without using it as an excuse to be lazy if that makes sense.