View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 07:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by Gottalife View Post
I suppose ultimately a pink cloud or high feeling is not the purpose of getting sober in the AA sense. It seems to be a thing that happens to a lot of people as they make progress, but I am not sure the feelings are repeatable. They are however sustainable, IME, if we continue to follow a few simple rules. like steps 10,11 and 12, particulalrly practicing the principles in all our affairs.
This is close to describing my experience of living in the pink clouds, as I call it - and that's the majority of my life. Joy and peace and excitement and consistent positivity came back to me as I got well; I was VERY sick when I quit 411 days ago and it was around 100 days that I saw shifts in a lot of areas - there was a week here and there (I remember around 4 months and again around 7) that I was just ornery and agitated and all kinds of stuff as I was getting more and more used to normal life- growing pains, I guess.

My sponsor describes the pink cloud we want as the best version of a sober life in recovery that we can possibly have. Staying in 1,10, and 12 every day and really working my program- and getting better at intuitively handling situations the right way, self-correcting when I get too up/down/sideways, taking daily inventory of the day prior, etc results in....a life filled with pink (also the name of my current blog, started at 6 mo sober). That's where I live the bulk of my time and I am so grateful for it.