View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
YoungHyde25

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Maybe the situation is more a reflection on them than on you Hyde? Maybe they're just not organised well.

I'd definitely continue to look at other job options.

I know it's hard but if you keep trying, the effort will pay off

and...if you're not completely sold on recovery yet - just imagine how much worse all this would be if you were drinking as well - now that really would be hell....

D
To make matters worse, this place was right up the street, walking distance, and I received a call from another restaurant, but held out for this one. I really hope to find something soon, I need to have a car and be driving again by the fall, because I plan to take some college classes on campus.

I think a big reason why I used to drink all the time was a reflection about how I feel about where I live. Life sort of made sense, I hated most of my jobs, alot of women I liked were in relationships. Things seemed bad, but I would use alcohol to balance it out, and everything seemed stable in a way. I would visit strip clubs alot because the girls there were easy to talk to, it took the place of trying to form real relationships as it seemed easy and no emotions were at stake. Unfortunately I ended up developing feelings for one of the dancers, and she kind of turned me down, that's when things sort of took a turn for the worse, alcohol wise.

Now i'm at a point in life where that lifestyle just isn't enough for me. I want to have a job I can be proud of doing and enjoy. I want financial stability. That's why I went back to college. And someday I hope to have a real actual relationship, not a fake one. After I become financial secure and start living on my own of-coarse. But when I think about the days when I would drink heavily and go out, I feel like perhaps I was looking for something, or someone.