View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CreativeThinker

Congrats on moving through such a difficult time without relapsing!

Your post could not have come at a better time Thomas!!!

My husband and I have been dealing with an issue regarding our business that has been looming since last fall. Bottom line, our opps manager, someone we considered to be family (was often at our home, husband took him shopping for clothes for work, we spent a lot of time with him outside of work...), screwed us over big time! This guy who we looked at as a son (we never had children) went behind our back, low balled our #'s and took over our last account. He lied to us when he gave us his resignation, said he was moving.

At the time, I knew it sounded screwy and I suspected that our "Golden Boy" was up to no good. There's a lot of reasons that it didn't make sense, I won't go into details. The problem was, we had no proof. Today we received the proof we were looking for. One of our old contractors, who is now contracting with our "GB" at the account we lost to him...called us to tell us he hasn't been paid in 6 weeks and needed advise regarding what we thought he should do about getting paid. Vuala...

DH said "f*** It" and he bought a bottle vodka...the proceeded to try to hide it from me. TBH, I was right on the verge of doing the same...I mean, it was the closest I've come in the last 6 weeks to giving in. Instead, I told DH he didn't need to continue to hide his drink, made dinner immediately, ate, came here to post. WHEW!!! ::::BREATHING::::

Thank you so much for your post...reading it and responding walked me away from the edge.