View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 10:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
2ndhandrose
under new management

To start, I lived my first year of sobriety with low expectations of myself. By that, I mean that I wasn't going to put pressure on myself to do much more than heal. I understood that my body and my brain needed time to heal so that was my gift to myself, sufficient healing time.

It turns out I really needed that time as I believe I had a serious case of PAWS!

I have spent a lot of time reading threads on SR as the knowledge and wisdom here is astounding. I read things over and over until they really started to sink in and I could relate them to my own self.

My biggest change has probably been accepting responsibility for myself. For seeing my part in my troubles and to stop looking outside for the causes. It has made a huge difference to be open to new ideas and ways of looking at things.

I started to apply myself more and more to my favourite hobbies, scrapbooking, reading, writing. Those things bring me great pleasure and it feels so good to care for myself in a healthy way.

I started to renew my relationship with God. I am so thankful for His patience!

I started to renew my family relationships that I had allowed to deteriorate and outright tried to destroy. I am also thankful for their patience!

Also, gratitude for all that I have been through to bring me to this place in my life.

And I gave it all time. I expect this journey to go on until my last breath so I am trying to be patient and let time take time.