Old 04-07-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
badger257

Good morning everyone! I was able to find another SMART meeting to go to last night. (Didn't have to commit a felony either, so that was a good thing) Which was really good, but have a question for you guys.... I was at the meeting last night, and someone that works for the same company I do walked in. I don't directly work with them, but I see them around the office building quite a bit. It took me a little by surprise, as this was the first time this has happened to me. I wasn't sure what to do, or say, so I just really didn't make eye contact with them, didn't say anything, just kind of went on with the meeting as if it were normal. It was just an awkward feeling, and I'm not sure how to approach the situation going forward, since I would like to keep going to those meetings (this one was even better than the last), but I am confused about the whole situation. Any advice?

Dis - Staying sober, nice work!
Can - 60 days!!! It was good that you were able to push through the work stress as well. I think every time we get through those, it just affirms that we can in fact live a "normal" life, and hopefully even a better one without having to rely on drinking.
Viper - Sorry you are having car issues still. Where are you planning on moving to? (out of your current country)
Retired - Have a blast at the Blues Festival. I had to laugh at Axe - "get buzzed on the blues, not on the booze."
Rascal - Nice work on 65 days. Seeing you guys make it past the 60 day mark is making me even more determined to want to get there again. Thank you.
Purple - I am at the point you are right now, and it normally happens around now, that yes "moderation" seems like a great idea. But I just have to keep reminding myself that I have said that hundreds of times, and it always turned out the same. And you were up pretty late on a school night.

Hope everyone is pushing through, and even if you are struggling , or even fallen off the horse, we are still in this together. Have a great start to another Sober Weekend!