View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 02:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

I had more flat spots than anything, if I remember correctly. There was a kind of pink cloud feeling (I dont really like that term) but it had to do with feeling I was on the right track at last. That feeling had been elusive all my life, so while it wasnt extreme, it was new. It has become more or less permanent now.

I recall we used to get a lot of people from a big treatment program. It was an eight week thing, and the first week out they called cloud nine week. This maybe more like what you were referring to. Most fell off the cloud and picked up a week or two after treatment.

I have heard a person talk about the 5th step, and how he got a great lift the first time he did it, just like step 5 promises. So he repeated it a few times and was disappointed he didnt get the high again.

I suppose ultimately a pink cloud or high feeling is not the purpose of getting sober in the AA sense. It seems to be a thing that happens to a lot of people as they make progress, but I am not sure the feelings are repeatable. They are however sustainable, IME, if we continue to follow a few simple rules. like steps 10,11 and 12, particulalrly practicing the principles in all our affairs.

There are some high spots in the first half of the program. If we picked up, and then came back and started again, repeating the first half, I doubt it would be the same. I think the important thing would be to get onto the unfinished part.