View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 12:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
Apple does not fall far indeed... Not a one of the "mean girls" in this situation come from moms who are anything but the adult version of the mean girl...

I had deluded myself for a time that the "BFF" was cut more from her dad's cloth than her mom's but it's not hard to see why she is behaving as she is...

My DD took the initiative this week to sit with some aquaintances and make an effort to get to know them... These two new friends are students in the team that "bff's" mom teaches in at the school and as far as DD knew, not girls that "bff" was pals with. Tonight one of the new friends texted to say she and the second friend had been invited to "bff's" tomorrow and had DD been invited too since they did not really know "bff" and figured DD was going to be there.

I almost lost my mind. It's like if "bff" can not control DD, and see her begging for friendship, she is going to interfere with any friends she does have.

Frankly it's a little single white female crazy and Im moving past sadness for DD and am starting to get angry with how nuts the mom of the "bff" is to be creating the crazy level of social engineering that she is.

Ughhhhhh.

Time to look into new schools I think.
Well, just because they've been invited, doesn't mean she'll fool them. After all, they've probably been watching this nonsense all from afar.

This has all reminded me of when a new girl started at our local school and was put in our class when we were about 15. We had been at the school for a couple of years, with intake from a couple of schools, and had done all our friend shuffling in the first year and were quite settled. Me, being a scared and jealous type wasn't so keen on this new girl landing and shaking things up a bit. I was low enough on the pecking order as it was. Lol. I kept quiet though. Her first day was wet lunchtime which meant that we were all bored and confined to the school hall. The new girl didn't seem interested in any of us and sat reading a glossy magazine (the type none of us could afford). My class mates started picking her to bits between themselves: She looked stuck up; who can afford that magazine anyway?; she's got a weird nose; isn't that a whatever-make bag?; who does she think she is?, etc., etc. It was the first time I'd heard them all talk like this and I was pretty disgusted, and in a rare act of bravery (because I was scared to death really) I stood up and let them have it. Told them what bitches they were being and they were letting themselves down. How would they feel being a new girl at school? Etc. Etc. I did go on a bit. Then I huffed off to the bathroom to calm down (and probably to have a little fear-and-rage-cry truth be told). Then I went and chatted to the new girl, introduced myself and welcomed her, etc. Me and the new girl never saw eye to eye anyway (she could be a bit of a stuck up cow to be honest), but we managed to maintain a kind of love hate relationship for a few years til she left school and lost touch.

My friendship with the others was never quite the same after that. I suppose I'd proved myself to be a bit of a loose cannon lol. One of them told me, afterwards, that she did feel ashamed of how they'd gone on, and that she was glad I'd gone off at them and made them think. Said itheg had stopped when I'd stomped off to the bathroom. They ended up being closer friends with the 'new girl' than me later on (had more in common I suppose) so it all worked out okay.

Anyway. Sorry if that was a little off topic. Just needed to share that little memory.

Hope DD's okay.

BB