View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
My DD is now 17 years old. She was in 7th grade when this happened.
Changing schools absolutely opened her up to a whole different set of friends. I second what you were told. This group (small school) were terrible from a very young age, they were always difficult. Honestly, the apple does not fall far, you could see it in the parents as well for many of them. I had no idea if it was the right thing to do or not, and we went to counseling for quite a while until the counselor actually told me that their opinion was to switch schools. My DD was SO relieved.

Hope this helps friend!
Apple does not fall far indeed... Not a one of the "mean girls" in this situation come from moms who are anything but the adult version of the mean girl...

I had deluded myself for a time that the "BFF" was cut more from her dad's cloth than her mom's but it's not hard to see why she is behaving as she is...

My DD took the initiative this week to sit with some aquaintances and make an effort to get to know them... These two new friends are students in the team that "bff's" mom teaches in at the school and as far as DD knew, not girls that "bff" was pals with. Tonight one of the new friends texted to say she and the second friend had been invited to "bff's" tomorrow and had DD been invited too since they did not really know "bff" and figured DD was going to be there.

I almost lost my mind. It's like if "bff" can not control DD, and see her begging for friendship, she is going to interfere with any friends she does have.

Frankly it's a little single white female crazy and Im moving past sadness for DD and am starting to get angry with how nuts the mom of the "bff" is to be creating the crazy level of social engineering that she is.

Ughhhhhh.

Time to look into new schools I think.