View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 01:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Simplicity4114

Hi Madnellie! I'm glad you reached out First, congrats on 11 months sober I've had a similar experience.....I quit drinking and life improved exponentially on the outside; my relationships improved along with my work performance, my house is far more orderly, and yet I found myself white knuckling my way through every day. After almost 7 months of sobriety I relapsed. This was my wake-up call, my fork in the road. This is when I made the choice to move from sobriety (strictly not drinking) into recovery. I visited my doc and got on an anti-depressant and began meeting regularly with a counselor. After several months of counseling I feel so much more balanced, my internal self is in harmony with my external life.
I'm not trying to advocate meds if they're not necessary, just trying to say that for me sobriety (no alcohol) was only one piece of the puzzle. I had to dig a little deeper to find the other "missing pieces" towards wholeness.
Praying you find that internal peace that feels lacking right now.......keep posting away, dig deep, and never, ever, ever give up!