View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
loveforanaddict

Recently dumped by cocaine addict bf

I hope some addicts reply to this too. I was with my boyfriend for almost 3 years. He has always drank and smoked weed, but started using cocaine daily for the last 9 months. It was hard for me to know at first. He was highly functioning, never was late for work, always paid his bills, etc. his nose started to run and he lost weight, so I "looked" and found out the truth. He admitted it and said he would take steps to get clean. He said he was in trouble and did not want to lose me over this. I never saw him take any steps, so we started fighting over stupid things the last 3 months. He broke up with me and said I am never happy and we fight too much. Since then, in a month's time, he has told all his friends and family and has stopped cocaine. I believe him because I've seen him stop alcohol cold turkey. We have had zero contact. He's dating someone new. I guess what I am stuck on is, why did he not even mention the cociane being a contributing factor to the break up? Also, why not get clean during the relationship? Why start the day he breaks up with me? I feel like I just invested all this time, love, and support for him to be his best self for someone else and he peaced out over some stupid fight that wasn't even about cocaine?