View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Thx Tasty I have owned this book for over 3 years now. I started to read it and then never wanted to drink again and that lasted for 18 months. But I didn't stay vigilant.
Regarding this "didn't stay vigilant" explanation for your drinking again after the desire to drink returned, you may want to read the first part of the post that Tatsy quoted, and some of the responses that follow it as well.

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
People typically view the AV as their nemesis, a specter of bad times to come. They live their lives in full reverse, fleeing the Beast as they would a dreaded foe. They are often elated that they haven’t had any AV for a while, and live in a state of false security based upon the idea that it is good to not hear an enemy stalking from behind.

This is not the best approach to take, though, since it puts you on the defensive, and you need to go on the offensive instead. Consider that the AV is actually a sign of robust health, and that therefore you can welcome the AV into your life as a natural function of a healthy, human body.
Welcome the AV -

Although we passively screen our thinking for AV, we don't "stay vigilant" in AVRT, either, hoping that the big, bad Beast doesn't come back to pounce after doing push-ups in the parking lot. Instead, we welcome the AV as a sign of health, knowing that, once recognized, we are good and safe from the Beast. This is part of our 100% threshold of confidence.

We don't need to look over our shoulder, because we know from the structural model that the Beast cannot run the peripherals (hands, feet, mouth), and that IT is a dependent, impotent creature, which must always appeal to us for sustenance. All self-doubt about perfect lifetime abstinence is simply AV -- the Beast barking away.