Old 04-04-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
argillaceous

peacefulintent, I like the image that I'm giving myself a special gift every time I don't pic.

SandyO and everyone else who mentioned thinking about the day after, yes I do feel 100 times better today for not drinking.

And Outonthetiles, you hit it on the head: "The extra reinforcement from people at SR, even if we haven't met, makes all the difference for me."

Take for example, when I did drink a week ago last Sunday.

I had eight drinks of my favorite hard liquor, and--happy that I had left five in the bottle (twisted, right?)--I went to bed. Came down the next day, bottle was in the recycle bin. It was empty. Clearly, blackout Args decided they wanted more to drink and came down to finish the bottle. My heart sunk.

But that became my new Day 1.

This week was different because I did post on SR. The more time I spend here— posting and reading—the more I hesitate to give into AV. You guys are all starting to gather in my head now (don't worry, given the brain cells I've likely killed off, there's plenty of room), so I can hear you pipe up as the thoughts start to come about drinking.

And that extra little moment of pause gives me enough time to reconsider, or to post. Even if anyone can't answer right away, just by posting I am putting myself one more step accountable.

I'm a lucky Marcher, I am.