View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Fusion

Hi Kaily, I absolutely agree with everything that Gary, Dwtbd, Algorithm and Flame have written, so well, and they have covered everything (and more) that my accidentally unsaved post from last night did.

So I'll just add, that my experience also, is that diction is of paramount importance, it has a great impact going forwards. In the early days after my BP I carefully filtered my thoughts for any sign of AV. In so doing, I often corrected myself, so if 'I've given up alcohol' automatically cropped up, I'd instantly restate that as 'I'm a non-drinker', As I read around SR I often heard 'I'm in recovery' and my AV would get excited, but I'd instantly correct myself 'I'm recovered'.

It sounds like pedantics, but it's not. I exerted my self-will and after making a Big Plan, I'm a non-drinker and recovered for the rest of my life. Unlike the Beast, who is suffering from giving up alcohol enforced upon IT by ME and the Beast is in recovery, whilst IT sits in ITs permanently locked cage, occasionally barking AV at me.

I have given up nothing, but instead, regained my life, freedom from addiction; to build and grow, as I may.

Kaily, you CAN do this, I have absolute faith in YOU.