View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
puddlejumper70

Originally Posted by DonnaNix View Post
I have anxiety anyway so when I don't drink alcohol that is one of the main issues for me. Also, I'm not in work today/tomorrow so I see it as an excuse to be drinking.
I feel so good now that I'm drunk though. I mean, I was perfectly content before I drank the vodka yet craved it, but now it's a much more relaxed kind of content.
I know exactly how you feel. I know the warm glow, the sense of calm that comes over you. How those first few drinks assuage all anxiety and worry. This is why alcohol is such a bewitching floozy... so hard to resist.

But as you already know, in a few hours you will be feeling like s**t, mentally, physically, and spiritually. Like a previous member said on this thread earlier... try to think of how you feel at your last drink and not your first.

For me, it was necessary to channel my anxiety into something positive. I googled natural liver cleanses and started juicing daily. I eliminated processed foods and sweets and ate salads and drank purified water to douche all the gunk that had accumulated in my organs. I began to exercise to break a sweat and took epsom salts baths to draw toxins out through my skin.

I cleaned the house, wash and waxed my car, completed small projects that needed to be done... anything to take my mind off the nagging desire to drink. My point is that I had to take the initiative to do whatever it takes to abstain.

Don't dwell on drinking this morning, just keep looking forward.