View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 02:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
AlaskaGirl

Hi everyone, checking in from the still frozen land, but spring is in the air and things are slowly starting to melt.

Last night was a big one for me. I'm the Director of a non-profit and last night was our big annual fundraiser. It's a tasting event with lots of great food and drink. It went pretty well, I was happy to not have any worry about drinking (or managing my drinking, making sure I just had a few so I could function). My sweet husband, who is an infrequent drinker, got a little lit up. He went to a bar with friends afterwards until I could wrap things up and come get him. He was pretty toasted by the time I got there, and a friend was insistently trying to make me taste her drink. First experience with that but I made it through by thinking of how disappointed I would be in myself if I did. And also I don't drink. 😏 Things went a little sideways when my drunk husband decided he was furious with me over a perceived slight. I was amazed at my patience with him. I got him home and in bed while he spewed mean words. I kept thinking how happy I was to be sober and rational. He apologized profusely first thing this morning, all is well and my forever plan to never drink is firmly in place. I know counting is frowned upon but since I quit New Years it's pretty easy for me to keep track... three months is the longest I've been sober since being pregnant with my daughter 22 years ago. Feels amazing 😊