View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Clean30

Just as sure as you don't step out in front of a moving car, jump off a cliff or drown yourself your brain tells you not to do that and you listen. Its the same reaction you need to take when thinking about drinking. Pull back! No! You don't touch a hot stove because you know you'll get burned right?

There is no special magic poof of smoke that needs to happen nor a revelation or special dream. It's simply you not drinking and excepting the pain, misery, and discomfort that comes with it for however long it last.

And in time the 'go to escape' of alcohol becomes fainter and fainter in your memory until it becomes so silent you don't hear it throughout the day. And when you do hear it and entertain it as you resist each temptation the next time that same happens you will have more strength because you will have survived that last desire.

I love to get drunk but I hate the way it makes me feel afterwards and i hate some of the things I say and do drunk. The pain from drinking is multiple times worse than the pain from getting readjusted to sobriety.

Remember you weren't always a drunk. You just need to go back to your prior self but this time you will be more educated.