Old 03-30-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mountainmanbob

OK - how many times have I wanted to share my ill feelings or thoughts with someone else? Is there good reason to share? Have they harmed me in a great way and they need to be informed? Or, is most of the resentment cluttering up my mind for no good reason? Best to take care of my side of the street.

How many times did I or (we) keep our mouths shut today ?
Covers many things.

I'll explain yesterday's situation
I took in three cats to be fixed to the Feral Cat Organization. One was a little female and when I picked up the cats I was told that, "the female was pregnant with three little kitties." I didn't know this when I took her in and it saddened me greatly that these little ones had been destroyed in the process. For some reason I thought that I needed to share this information with my wife. The question to myself would be why? Only to sadden my wife as I was saddened? After some thought regarding the matter I kept my mouth shut. Thank God.

Another example.
A while back my neighbor and I got into an argument over a tree that he has growing close to our property line. My concerns are that the roots will get into our septic system. The tree is listed as an Invasive Tree which grows very fast and is known to take areas over. Well, my neighbor and I are back on very good terms but, the Tree is still there. Doesn't bother me like it did before. Worse comes to worse I might have a large repair project in the future. There's that word -- worrying about the future -- which only messes up today. Why have a total battle with my neighbor when I can just let it go and keep my mouth shut? Possibly deal with it if and when the time comes?

It's a pretty open topic when one gives it some thought.

I'm on a few forums.
Someone there pushing what I think to be too hard my way?
I don't need to fight -- I don't need to play.
Life is too short -- have a good day.

Has you significant other rubbed you in the wrong direction lately or today?
Is it truly best to let them know -- possible argument?
Or let it go -- let God handle it?
Are there not already enough battles in the world?

Reminds me of something that my wife shared with me many years ago that has been of great help with my serenity level. I think that she could feel the fighting within my mind and heart regarding so many issues that I was trying to control.

She told me to, "Pick Your Battles."

Since then I have found that -- most are not worth fighting for.

M-Bob